Conference Dates: July 8-9, 2023
Venue: Chuo University, Tama Campus
Dr. Courtenay Norbury (University College London, Developmental Language & Communication Disorders)
The Japanese Society for Language Sciences (JSLS) will host the 24th Annual International Conference on July 8 (Sat) – July 9 (Sun). It will be held face-to-face for the first time in four years. The following paper categories are welcome: (1) oral presentations, and (2) poster presentations. JSLS hopes to encourage research in the language sciences through theoretical and experimental research, in a wide range of areas including linguistic theory (e.g., phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics), first and second language acquisition, psycholinguistics, language education, bilingualism, natural language processing, neurolinguistics, discourse analysis and sociolinguistics. We hope to provide a forum for the active exchange of ideas between researchers in related fields, transcending their respective research areas.
Papers published or presented elsewhere should not be submitted and will not be accepted. Each author is only allowed to submit one proposal as the first author. Each oral presentation will be 25 minutes in length (20 minutes for presentation, followed by a 5-minute question and answer period). Poster presentation sessions will be 80 minutes. The language of presentation can be either Japanese or English.
1. All primary presenters should be members of JSLS by May 30 (Tue), 2023. Co-presenters do not
have to be members.
2. Please refer to the following website for membership information:
|Pre-registration (until May 30)||On-site registration|
|Students||2,000 yen||3,000 yen|
|Members||4,000 yen||5,000 yen|
|Non-Members||7,000 yen||8,000 yen|
1. Number of pages and Paper size:
- Oral presentation: 2 pages of A4 or letter-size paper (including title, tables, figures, & references)
- Poster presentation: 1 page of A4 or letter-size paper (including title, tables, figures, & references)
- In the case of A4, Top and Bottom: 30mm, Left and Right: 25mm
- In the case of letter-size, all margins: 1 inch
- In the case of A4, Top and Bottom: 30mm, Left and Right: 25mmFont: Times New Roman (or a similar font)
- Font size: 12 point for text, 10 point for references/ footnotes
Save the file as a pdf file. Please note that other formats will not be accepted.
Each abstract will be reviewed anonymously by several reviewers. Notification of acceptance will be made by March 25 (Sat) . (Please note that some “oral presentation” proposals might be accepted as “poster” presentations.) If your proposal is accepted, you will be requested to send a copy of your paper (maximum length for papers is 4 pages, for posters 2 pages, on A4/letter size paper) by May 13 (Sat) . This paper will appear in the Conference Handbook.